Saturday, January 11, 2014

PPR, DBKL Housing Project for Kuala Lumpur Citizen


I know lot of young family in Kuala Lumpur who are living below the national urban poverty line of RM3000 per month. To be frank, I doesn't have a good kickstart for my career like many of you. After graduated, I only earned a little less than RM2000 for the first three months of my first job at an international company who had developed many prestigious building in the middle east. I actually earned a lot more before I get my degree certificate but I didn't complaint much seeing my other colleague earned less than mine, and realizing that my objective as a fresh graduate at that time is to learn more rather than earn more. My colleague and I "graduated" from that company a year later and he became a manager at a well known construction company with greater and worthier pay while I become a Food Tester at a McDonald near Aeon Shopping Mall at Nusajaya whose is now charging 50 cent for refilling beverage. Nevertheless, I still remember those old days as one of the best period in my life before as a bachelor.

Unlike my old friend, there are a lot of peoples who arent so lucky to get out from the proverty trap and might stuck for a long time with the other 7 millions working Malaysian who barely earn RM2000 per months. The national mean wage for 2010 is RM1804.43. For you peeps who fall in this tier, it is mathematically impossible to afford or rent a property in the capital city.

Realizing this problem, Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) had been offering low cost and affordable houses scheme for quite sometime already. Application can be made online via DBKL webprotal for affordable and low cost housing, http://eperumahan.dbkl.gov.my/


While some of you might be cynical for this scheme, please take a look at the property market now and please contact me at any time should you know any similar property in the capital city that sells at the same price. For interested personal, make sure that you meet all the requirement before applying. The requirement are:

  1. Applicant must be married
  2. Both applicant and spouse are Malaysian citizen
  3. Applicant and spouse monthly income must not more than RM2500 for Low Cost Housing and RM4000 for Affordable Housing.
  4. Applicant must be working or living in Kuala Lumpur
  5. Applicant and spouse does not own any property (land or houses) within 35KM from Kuala Lumpur city
  6. Applicant must be eligible for housing loan from financial institution



For more information on this development, please contact the DBKL's Department of Housing Management. The address is:

Jabatan Pengurusan Perumahan
Pembangunan komuniti,
Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur,
Tkt 4 - 9 Menara DBKL III,
Bandar Wawasan,
Jalan Raja Abdullah,
50300 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel : +06 03-26176000
Faks: +06 03-26983722

e-mel: jpp@dbkl.gov.my


No comments:

Post a Comment